Senior Software Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon.com is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to join the Digital Content Services team. The Digital Content Services team owns services supporting publishing and purchase of Digital content, including Kindle EBooks, Amazon AppStore for Android, Amazon Music , Amazon Instant Video and much more.
You will be joining a new team that is building next generation, highly scalable discovery services using the AWS cloud, Java, and RESTful Web Services. Our services will be used by all Digital teams - Kindle, Amazon Video, Amazon Music, Appstore and more. Your work will be highly visible to Amazon customers and stakeholders across Digital teams.
We need to solve Digital promotions and content discovery problem by understanding customer context and meeting the customer at the right place and right time in their shopping journey with the promotion and content they are interested.
As a tenured Software Development Engineer, you will provide technical leadership to other engineers in the team and also contribute to the design and development of multiple new scalable services and data processing workflows. We are solving some very interesting and complex problems in the next couple years, and there is a great deal of opportunity for a creative technical leader to innovate in the space and drive product direction. You will be converting the business problem into a ML problem and service the ML recommendation at internet scale to our customers in the form of a personalized widget. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences and backend web-services, strong technical skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment, high creativity, and great analytical reasoning skills.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 8+ years of experience building successful production software systems.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C/C++, C#, Java and open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate).
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain software quality.
- Strengths in coding, data structures, algorithms, Object Oriented design and designing for performance, scalability, availability, and internet and OS security fundamentals.
- Hands-on experience developing with Amazon Web Services
- A history of defining an architectural vision, articulating its benefits and tradeoffs, and guiding others to realize it
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Expertise in delivering high-quality, innovative applications.
- Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility are strong assets.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Back to top