Senior Software Engineer
- Hyderabad, India
Amazon success lies in its capability to deliver packages in time. Powering this capability is Amazon's core transportation technology (CTT) . CTT is tasked with greater challenges with ever increasing scope, like the new one-day shipping initiative, and scale of Amazon. CTT is looking for a passionate software development engineer who will be responsible to design and develop systems that will usher in new wave of expansion for Amazon logistics. These systems needs to work at unprecedented scale and question the fundamentals of computing to perform latency sensitive operations.
Your solutions will impact our customers directly! This job requires you to constantly hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and to work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. You will excel in this job if you have an innate urge to seek simple solutions for complex problems.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure. You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
B.Tech in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3+ years overall technical/product development experience.
- Strong object oriented development knowledge in Java.
- Knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system.
- Expertise in scripting
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
- Demonstrates skill and passion for operational excellence.
- Documentation skills
• knowledge in relational databases and distributed computing technologies.
• Expertise in Java frameworks
• Debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
Back to top