Senior Software Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
Are you excited by big data and analytics technologies? Do you want to have a high impact on the security of AWS services and customer data? We are a mixed discipline team that identifies opportunities to improve the security posture of all AWS infrastructure and drives their implementation across the company. This team helps AWS Service teams and AWS Customers to utilize the cloud for critical workloads through the implementation of innovative security solutions.
We're looking for software engineers interested in crunching big data for security insights and using the AWS Cloud to build scalable workﬂows that enable the entire organization to react quickly to the latest trends in security threats and research.
The successful candidate is one who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are passionate about utilizing big data and analytics to solve real business problems. This is a new team that will offer you the opportunity to lead architectural and technical implementation direction for future security solutions. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. You will have the opportunity to work with systems that are at the cutting edge of technology. You will work directly with AWS service teams, infrastructure and administrative teams to identify opportunities to improve AWS' security posture.
The successful candidate will:
• Build big data analytics and reporting capabilities making use of open source and commercial tools as well as new homegrown solutions.
• Build solutions on AWS utilizing existing AWS products and services.
• Prototype new services to enable the securing of a large cloud environment.
• Work across AWS teams of software and security engineers to develop systems that magnify our ability to deeply understand and rapidly improve AWS security.
• Work with a wide variety of data sources from organizations across the company.
• Partner closely with many diﬀerent teams inside the Security organization and across AWS infrastructure and services.
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Write high quality software in a wide variety of languages and platforms.
• Perform development and maintenance of key system features
• Drive best practices and engineering excellence
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
• 7+ years professional experience in software development
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers;
• Experience developing on Unix/Linux;
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices; and
• Strong focus on clean code and robust design.
• Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, etc.
• Experience with data analysis basics such as SQL, R, iPython, etc.
• Working knowledge and understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For additional information, please contact Pedro Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top