Senior Software Engineer
- Toronto, Canada
Performance Advertising's vision is to enable advertisers of all sizes with self-service products to build their brand and business at Amazon delivering sophisticated automation for novices and powerful controls for expert users. We are focused on continuous exploration of contexts and creative formats where advertising delivers value to customers and advertisers. Our products are auction based, cost-per-click, and drive traffic within the Amazon shopping experience addressing lower and mid-funnel marketing goals. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class, highly performant advertising products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing fast with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to build a brand new ad product starting with product definition. We want you to think big, be innovative, and build something from the ground up, with the advantage of an established ad tech stack.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Amazon, you will drive the technical direction of our offerings and solutions, working with many different technologies across the advertising organization. You will design, code, troubleshoot, and support scalable pipelines and online serving systems. In addition to being a strongly motivated individual contributor, you will also be responsible for mentoring junior engineers and guiding them to deliver to the full potential.
Location is flexible for consideration in New York City, Toronto, or Seattle offices.
• 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Strong proficiency with Java, Python, Scala or C++
• Advanced knowledge of performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices
• Strong written and verbal communication
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age
Back to top