Senior Software Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Do you like working with Big Data? Do you find building new platforms from the ground up exciting? Amazon People Engine is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work in a green field environment building large-scale data processing platforms.
You will design and build a data processing and reporting platform capable of processing complex data sets from many disparate systems using AWS technologies such as RedShift and EMR, along with Hadoop big data technologies. This platform will serve tens of thousands of active users and power data-driven insights about the Amazon employee lifecycle.
We are currently hiring experienced technology professionals to build a new data warehousing platform, implement horizontally scalable data processing algorithms, develop clients and interfaces to access and analyze complex information in an intuitive manner. They will develop software to meet complex data security needs, build out different data access services and develop new and innovative ideas that benefit our customers.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of software development experience with Java, Python, Ruby, or C#/C++
• Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
• Communication, sharp analytical abilities and proven software design skills
• Experience using various Big Data technologies and solutions
• Experience with multiple styles of Software Development Life Cycle
• Experience with distributed, large scale data processing
• Experience working with asynchronous systems
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with Hadoop ecosystem
• Experience building complex, highly scalable software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top