Senior Software Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Advertising Technology team builds the technology infrastructure and ad serving systems to manage billions of advertising queries every day. The result is better quality advertising for publishers and more relevant ads for customers. In this organization you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading companies.
Amazon Publisher Services (APS) helps publishers of all sizes and on all channels better monetize their content through effective advertising. APS unites publishers with advertisers across devices and media channels. We work with Amazon teams across the globe to solve complex problems for our customers. The end results are Amazon products that let publishers focus on what they do best - publishing.
The Advanced TV team is responsible for building cloud-based advertising technology services that help broadcasters grow their business. Our Advanced TV engineering team focuses on unlocking our ad tech on the most impactful devices in the home, bringing real-time capabilities to this medium for the first time. We are looking for a senior engineer to build the next generation OTT advertising product that processes billions of events each day in an extremely low-latency environment. You will also evaluate and drive decisions around the use of new or existing technologies and tools, influence other engineers, business leaders and technical teams to build the right systems that can scale to the needs of Amazon OTT Advertising for years down the line.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• 5+ years of hands on coding skills in Java (C#, C++) coupled with strong base in designing and developing large-scale, multi-tiered, multi-threaded, distributed software or web applications, tools, systems and services using Object Oriented Design
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
• Able to distill problem definitions and constraints from informal business requirements, and to deal with ambiguity and competing priorities
• Able to prioritize weighing customer, business and engineering needs, communicate clearly, and consistently deliver results
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Prior AdTech experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top