Senior Software Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Offer and Catalog Services are core to Amazon.com websites serving millions of requests per second at single digit millisecond latency. We provide authoritative product and purchase data such as availability and price to client facing experiences. Our team owns software running in a distributed, highly performant, and highly available micro-service computing system containing billions of records.
Our clients are hundreds of internal clients, businesses that contribute to the Amazon.com website and other customer interfaces such as Kindle and Alexa . We provide design and consultation across Amazon to enable these business use-cases at Amazon.com's scale.
As Amazon retail business is expanding globally, use cases are constantly evolving driving constant flow of new requirements on our platform. This makes it hard to evolve the platform and models in its current state . For this reason we are making bets in platform which can help us scale to meet the need of constantly evolving business use cases. In order to deliver on these bets we are in middle of expanding our team to accelerate these investments. Due to the critical role Offer and Catalog services play, these investments will touch clients and use cases across all of the Amazon retail ecosystem.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers with at least 6 years of experience in distributed systems to join our team! You will be driving initiatives, which involves influencing several Senior, Principal engineers, and Technical program managers on a regular basis, across different organizations within Amazon. We maintain a high bar for operational and engineering excellence, which helps keep our operational load manageable. Our engineers are customer-focused and detail-oriented. We are a fun loving team with a collaborative and supportive culture.
The ideal candidate will have experience in design, development and delivery of high scale distributed systems and services. You should have good understanding of Internet protocols and experience with object oriented programming languages like Java, C#, or C++ etc. You should be somebody who enjoys working on owning software services, is customer-centric, and feels strongly not only about building good software but about making that software achieve its goals in operational reality. You should be strong advocate of engineering and operational best practices.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
• 6+ years' of experience shipping software services widely used by customers
• Expertise in object oriented languages like Java, C#, or C++ etc.
• Experience building and operating critical, highly available distributed systems and cloud services that can scale
• Strong sense of ownership, customer obsession, and drive
• Strong advocate of engineering and operational excellence best practices
• Ability to work efficiently in a collaborative team environment and effectively interact with technical and nontechnical workers.
• Experience building platforms which serves use cases across large number of partners
• Experience of delivering highly available, multi-tenanted, high volume systems
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within the team
• Expertise in Data Modeling, Storage and Retrieval at large scale
• Developing and operating high-quality, low-latency services with large-scale data storage
• Strong business and technical vision
• Experience with Agile software development methodology
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top