Senior Software Engineer
- Hyderabad, India
Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) Networking is looking for a highly skilled full stack engineer who wants to join the development of an exciting new distributed networking platform. Come help us build a fault tolerant, highly available, elastically scaling system that will power new customer facing products and develop into a critical piece of the core EC2 Software Defined Network (SDN). We want someone who's enthusiastic about the potential of cloud computing and building resilient, scalable and high-performance distributed services.
They can balance technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices. They are comfortable in dealing with ambiguity, thinking big, and painting a bold vision for the team. They are excited to collaborate with extremely intelligent, motivated, and high-performance engineers. They have an ability to prioritize well and communicate clearly. We operate at scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must. We obsess over our customers, and require the candidate to share our passion in building and owning a product that delights our customers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
• Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields
• Experience with designing and building large scale systems, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms
• Familiarity with AWS and EC2, ideally with hands on experience
• Have a deep understanding of networking concepts and protocols
• Internet and operating system security fundamentals
• A passion for mentoring and teamwork
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
Back to top