Senior Software Engineer
- Santa Clara, CA
Amazon Sidewalk aims to build a network on top of Amazon device that will greatly extend the working range of low-bandwidth, low-power, smart lights, sensors, and other low-cost devices customers install at the edge of their home network. As a Senior Engineer in the cloud services team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative consumer electronics products in IOT space. You will work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test.
• The ideal candidate has current and extensive experience developing and building distributed systems and applications.
• Has in-depth expertise working with distributed systems and understands how they are deployed.
• Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
• Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
• Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
• Has experience working with various AWS service offerings and can identify the right architecture for the problem in hand
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
• 3+ years of current experience working with Distributed systems and building microservices
• 2+ years of experience developing scalable web services
• 2+ years of coding skills in Go or Java
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience working in IOT and building scalable backend services
• Experience with working on AWS services(S3, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis, SQS, IAM).
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Proficiency in the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (Java,Go, Rust, C/C++, Python) and open-source technologies
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong data analysis and debugging skills
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the first-ever video doorbell, to the award-winning DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone - while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Back to top