Ring is seeking a Senior Engineer to play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and of core services for Neighbors. Ring Neighbors (https://ring.com/neighbors), launched in 2018, is a hyperlocal social networking app providing real-time crime and safety alerts from neighbors and public safety agencies. With Neighbors, you can always know when and where things are happening in your area, and share updates to keep you and your community informed. The Neighbors app is available on iOS (4.8 stars), Android (4.6 stars), recently launched on Web, and is also included as an embedded experience within the Ring app. Neighbors is used by millions of people each month.
The Neighbors App Mission Team is responsible for the core of the Neighbors user experience. These teams own the core Neighbors backend services and the Neighbors mobile applications. The teams have built services and apps written in a number of different programming languages including Go, , Ruby, Swift, Objective C, and Kotlin. As a Senior Engineer, you will have significant influence on our overall tech strategy, drive the system architecture, and spearhead best practices that enable a quality product.
- Drive the technical direction and feature roadmap of large-scale systems.
- Help hire and shape the team to best execute tasks.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers, marketers, designers, and product managers to design, test, and iterate on solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in REST architecture for web services.
- 5+ years of experience with OO design/ skills.
- 5+ years of experience building successful production systems.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with services (S3, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis, SQS).
- Experience developing cloud services and an understanding of design for , performance, security, and reliability.
- Knowledge of professional engineering practices and best practices for the full life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integration deployments (CI/CD), testing, and operations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong data analysis and debugging skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities.
- Understanding of what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish.
- Ability to promote robust and maintainable code with clear documentation, and can deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell , to Ring Alarm , which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App , offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com . With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.