Are you an all star software development engineer with a passion for applying state-of-the-art computer science and machine learning to solve real world problems that directly impacts millions of people? Are you up to the task of delivering innovative and scalable technology that manages automated classification of millions of products involving hundreds of thousands of suppliers and tens of millions of customers around the world?
We tackle some of the most complex challenges in the industry today to create intelligent algorithms to automatically identify and control hazardous or controlled substances products to make sure that we protect the safety of Amazon customers, partners and employees, while continuing to offer the Earth's biggest selection of products. You will need to build Amazon scale applications running on our Cloud that both leverage and create new technologies to process large volumes of data that derive patterns and conclusions from the data.
Software engineers at Amazon are more than just order takers; they see a problem and leverage innovative technology to address it. You will be working with very large data-sets, well beyond the scalability limits of conventional relational databases. We're looking for people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take "no" for an answer. You will lead a team of top-notch software developers to work hard, have fun, and make history.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Master's or PhD in computer science, mathematics or related technical field
• A deep understanding of distributed and service-oriented architectures
• Experience is teams using agile development methodologies
• Experience with large scale data mining and big data.
• Experience with technologies like Spark, Hadoop, rules-based systems and Machine learning
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and listening skills. Demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including non-technical ones