Do you want to fundamentally improve the everyday workflow of your fellow software developers?
The ability to continuously create and update software is critical for modern business. Companies across all industries now produce products that are primarily software based. Organizations struggle to build the capabilities to deliver software at scale and have inefficient development processes that are negatively impacting their business.
We are building a brand-new AWS SDLC product that will enable customers to continuously increase the speed, frequency and reliability of their development processes and software deployments. We are seeking builders to be technical design leaders on the founding team of this new AWS product.
On this team you will:
• Work with developers as your core customers
• You will design and build the architecture, identify and investigate new technologies, prototype solutions, and test and review changes, to deliver an exceptional customer experience
• Use core AWS technologies to design and build scalable web services and customer-facing APIs
• Develop world-class software that enables customers to be productive building their own software
• Collaborate and work alongside a passionate group of software engineers and product folks who love making the tooling we each wish we had
The ideal candidate:
• Will influence product definition and leverage your technical skills to drive towards the right solution
• Has experience designing large-scale systems and is familiar with horizontal scaling, high throughput and massive, rapidly growing data sets
• Enjoys solving complex software problems, and possesses analytical, design and problem-solving skills
• Has an in-depth understanding in SDLC areas like IDE's, source code management, CI/CD and compliance solutions
• Is knowledgeable in distributed systems, event-driven architectures, graph databases and workflow engines
• Loves collaborating with senior leaders to design and build a large-scale AWS product from scratch
Location options include New York NY, Seattle WA, Arlington VA
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Strong problem-solving ability and object-oriented design skills
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
• Experience mentoring other engineers
• Proven track record in Computer Science or a related discipline
• 6+ years of professional software development experience with Java or similar language
• Experience building SDLC products and services
• Experience operating highly available services
• Working knowledge of graph databases, event-driven architectures, workflow systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us