Senior Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that's accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and is seeking a technical leader who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As the Manager of the Infrastructure Systems group in Ring Devices, you will be responsible for leading a world class team of engineers in developing Ring products used by millions of our neighbors. You will manage a team of cloud, embedded software, and devops engineers to develop and maintain our portfolio of device products. A successful candidate will have strong technical skills, great communication abilities, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
You will engage with a global, cross-disciplinary staff in data research, service development, and embedded software. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
• Lead a diverse of software and devops engineers
• Execution against project plans and timely delivery of committed results.
• Building, enhancing and maintaining a best-in-class engineering team.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years of experience working in software development.
• 7+ years of people management experience.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience working in IOT and building scalable backend services.
• Experience with modern SCM tools such as Git, Gerrit, Confluence, Jira, Bamboo.
• Experience with working on AWS services (S3, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis, SQS, IAM).
• Proficiency in the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (Java, Go, Python) and open-source technologies.
• Experience with managing complex build systems and Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) setup
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Back to top