Senior Software Development Manager
- Vancouver, Canada
The Hardlines team consists of over 20 product categories with the largest being Home & Lifestyle, Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Pets, Toys, Business and Industrial Supplies, Sports and Private Brands.
We are looking for an exceptional Software Development Manager to help grow and scale our product offerings that are both complex and global. These different workflows involve complex sub-tasks and interactions with different retail systems, making this a truly complex and challenging capability with deep tentacles across many systems.
You will play a key role in building software products and features from the ground up. You will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development oversight while managing a team of high performing Software Development Engineers (SDE's). You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas. You will partner with product and design team to build highly intuitive applications and large scale distributed back-end services that will delight our customers. Above all else, you will be a passionate builder of talent and teams. You will hire, coach, and mentor engineers on the team.
Our SDE's play a pivotal role in setting technical direction, delivering complex platforms and driving a culture of technical excellence. SDEs define and build innovative ways for customers to discover products on Amazon.com. They also look at a variety of datasets such as product and category relationships, contextual purchase behavior, personalization, usage, catalog, to expose products in valuable ways for customers. Your role is to provide oversight and guide them both in the development of the Hardlines product offerings on .com as well as coach and develop them in the career path.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
• 7+ years of experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
• 5+ years professional hands on software engineering experience with Java, C# or C++
• Proven track record delivering high quality software on time
• Demonstrated passion for people leadership, management and mentoring
• Proven ability to hire, retain and grow a team of extremely talented engineers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Deep understanding and hands-on technical expertise in rich user experiences, distributed systems, workflow management and high scale, service-oriented architectures.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience presenting technical information to executive audiences, peers, and non-technical stakeholders
Back to top