Senior Software Development Manager, AWS Device Farm
- Seattle, WA
Join AWS Device Farm to help mobile developers build great cloud-backed apps! As a member of the AWS Mobile team, you will develop services which cater to the needs of mobile developers who build apps for iOS, Android, and the mobile web.
We believe that cloud-backed mobile and device applications are a big deal, and our customers are developers who think likewise. We are driven to support our customers in their endeavors, providing software and services to help them use AWS as the foundation for their apps. This is a unique opportunity to influence the mobile app development community in a big way.
We are currently looking for a Senior Development Manager to handle both the Infrastructure and the application test services for our Device Farm. This position offers a unique opportunity to own both the physical and the software side of a service that needs to be scaled out further in order to meet customer demand. This is a high visibility position and is a key part of our mobile strategy, fulfilling a critical piece in an overall develop, build, test and deploy story for our customers.
In this role you will be responsible for the direct management of our private and public fleets of mobile devices and a Mac mini fleet that is being built to support native iOS builds and tests. On the software side, you will oversee the architecture, implementation and expansion of features, services and core components for the service.
The ideal candidate will have a blend of systems development experience and a track record of delivering on software development projects.
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years of experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
• Proven track record delivering high quality software on time
• Demonstrated experience building large scale web services or service oriented architectures
• Demonstrated passion for people leadership, management and mentoring
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience operating an AWS service
• Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
• Experience with data center operations, working closely with support, network and systems engineers
• Networking experience and knowledge of cabling best practices
• Knowledge and expertise in change/incident management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top