Senior Software Development Manager - Amazon Books / Kindle
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Enterprise Books team is looking for an analytical and technically skilled Senior Software Development Manager who can join our team and be at the forefront of revolutionizing the way we look at our business.
Take an exciting and challenging role on a team that is innovating on the shopping experience for Enterprise customers. Work with world-class engineers, business leaders, and other talented engineering teams while you design, architect, and code solutions that make it easier for business customers to empower their organization and manage their education spending.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Senior Software Development Managers who have experience building mission-critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will lead design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. #techleader
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Strong experience managing software engineering teams and developing technical direct reports (performance review communication, accountability, motivation/engagement).
• Experience being a manager of managers, growing managers to scale with the needs of the organisation and working through others to accomplish the day-to-day work of the organisation.
• Considerable knowledge of software development experience in object-oriented design and coding in Java or C++ or related technologies
• Strong design, architecture, and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• A Master's Degree in Computer Science
• A history of working in a fast paced environments handling multiple, competing priorities
• Academic and/or industry experience with one of more of the following domains: machine learning, product graphs, mobile computing, or large-scale distributed systems.
• A deep understanding of software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping production quality software on time
• Deep experience in web technologies and creating compelling mobile experiences using these technologies.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Back to top