Senior Software Development Manager, Alexa Voice Shopping
At Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping in everyday life. We allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Alexa-enabled Smart Devices such as Echo or Fire TV. Our Services allow you to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing, you can go from 'I want that' to 'that's on the way' in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry's best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop. Join us, and you'll be taking part in changing the future of everyday life.
We are seeking a Senior Software Development Manager to lead the team that will help develop Alexa as the most personal, all-knowing shopping assistant in the world. Personalization is a key component of the voice shopping flywheel, and a critical experience to nail for our customers. In this capacity, you will work closely with Alexa teams to build delightful experiences and with Amazon Retail teams to harmonize the how we personalize across both shopping mediums.
In this role, you will have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers. You will have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages. You will lead a team of talented and experienced engineers to define and deliver the natural language shopping experiences for Echo, Fire TV and other Amazon products. Your team will build and operate massively scalable services while also developing delightful app experiences. You will be working closely with multiple product managers and engineering leaders from partner teams in Speech Recognition, Amazon Retail and Hardware Development.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong design, architecture, and problem solving skills
- 10+ years of software development experience in object-oriented design and coding in Java or C++ or related technologies
- 5+ years of experience managing software engineering teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and concisely with engineers and executives.
- Demonstrated ability to both focus on the key inputs for the business and deliver them with high quality in a timely fashion.
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
- Proven track record of delivering projects within scope, time, budget and quality
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial
- Relentless customer focus and obsession
- A strong eye for designing elegant customer experiences and improving product usability
- A Master's Degree in Computer Science
- Background in distributed systems, machine learning, data science, recommendation systems
- A history of working in startups and fast paced environments
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a proven track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top