Senior Software Development Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
"If you do not work on an important problem, it's unlikely you'll do important work." – Richard Hamming
We have important problems to solve. There are great, world-changing products that should exist, but do not, because the technology to enable them does not exist. Yet. That's where you come in.
Are you looking to solve significant problems in Machine Learning? We're looking for outstanding leaders who combine superb people skills with a demonstrated ability to get complex systems up and running quickly and effectively. You will be working with a unique and gifted team of engineers and scientists engaged in a fast-paced mission to conceive and deliver new products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced, highly inventive and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail.
Do you have the courage to tackle a mind-bending computer vision challenge? Do you want to lead a team of high performers to deliver robust, production-quality code that solves complex real-world problems? Do you want to change the lives of an entire generation of Amazon customers? If you do, come you should join this team.
Come and invent the future with us.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Experience with C++, Java, or Python
- 7+ years of management experience
- Demonstrated leadership responsibility for delivery of a technically demanding product, in a team environment, from idea conception through launch
- Design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns
- Experience taking a project from scoping requirements through actual launch and SLA-driven operations
- Master's degree or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering
- Familiarity with Machine Learning, Computer Vision, or a similarl field
- Android experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Excellent judgment, organizational and problem solving skills
- Superior design and architecture knowledge
- Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling and executing on committed schedules
- Proven success in building, motivating and retaining teams of star players
- Deeply technical with a track record of successful delivery as an individual contributor and leader
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top