Senior Software Development Manager
- Berlin, Germany
Amazon Worldwide Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most profitable businesses. The Advertiser Experience (AX) group owns the experience of the advertiser from the moment they decide to engage through the full lifecycle of self-service advertising management. This includes campaign building and management, advertising analytics and visualizations, and insightful recommendations. We are passionate about building scalable, well-designed software services, and strive to constantly improve our technical foundation and user experience.
As a Senior Software Development Manager within the Advertiser Experience team, you'll take ownership for the technical roadmap to deliver self-service campaign builder applications, across all user populations, all ad products, and in all countries. These applications are the key entry point for advertisers and underlie our growth strategy to increase advertising demand. In this role, you'll grow leaders, organize for success, and build high-performing engineering teams. You'll raise the bar on software delivery and quality, investing across customer features, key initiatives, and technical improvements to optimize for business impact and long-term sustainability.
Advertising technology is a fast-growing and technically rich opportunity area, spanning large-scale design and operations, high-standards user experience, and complex back-end web services. We optimize for growth and advertiser success. We look for opportunities to leverage our vast data to guide and support customers in making smart decisions and deepening the value of our products.
Amazon's mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. This job helps us deliver on that mission by delivering strong and ever-improving experiences for advertisers, enabling Amazon to offer consumers with the best selection, prices, and convenience in the world.
In this role, you will:
• Invest in building and growing a strong engineering team, from leaders to new hires, ensuring the right mix of talent, skills, and experience.
• Build the technical vision for the team, spanning architecture, components, dependencies, engineering process, and technology selection.
• Act as a leader on the team, proposing and planning key initiatives, owning critical goals, and aligning resources.
• Deliver results through product feature launches and technical improvements that move the needle for customers and business results.
• Maintain a high-standards technical operations culture, focused on building self-healing systems, solving problems quickly, extracting learnings, and continuously improving.
• Span the full stack but be highly comfortable and motivated to work on front-end applications with direct customer engagement.
• Partner with peers and leaders across teams to deliver on cross-team initiatives.
• Work with product managers, technical program managers, UX designers, and quality assurance leaders to raise the bar on product/market fit and technical quality.
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years of experience, managing engineers and managers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Excellent communication skills across verbal and written channels.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience building high-scale applications based on web services and front-end frameworks
• Experience in an advertising business
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Leadership position for a team delivering remarkable user experiences in industry leading products
• Demonstrated track record hiring strong engineers and managers, team building, agile processes, and software/service development
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top