Senior Software Development Manager
Do you like Alexa? Do you have a passion for cars? Do you love bleeding edge technology? Alexa Automotive is looking for exceptional software development managers to work on enabling Alexa – the voice controlled personal assistant behind Amazon Echo – in automobiles. The team seeks to provide seamless experiences for customers with Alexa in the car.
As a Senior Software Development Manager, you will lead a team of engineers to design, develop, test, and deploy embedded and cloud automotive speech products. A successful candidate will have strong technical skills, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. In addition to leading your team, you will a key contributor to Amazon Alexa's overall automotive strategy.
- Ability to lead a team through the design and development of complex embedded and cloud-based automotive software systems.
- Recruit and develop the best software development team on earth.
- Drive and refine our agile/scrum product development lifecycle.
- 10+ years experience managing software development teams that build embedded and/or cloud software systems, ideally in the automotive space
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Experience delivering projects at scale using an AGILE/SCRUM approach
- Experience in communicating with executives and non-technical leaders
- Experience of the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (C/C++, Java, Objective C, Python), open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, OpenGL), and project/process management tools
- MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.
- Experience with developing embedded software for Automotive applications
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects using AGILE/SCRUM
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top