Senior Software Development Engineer – Virtual Reality (VR)
Every single day, millions of customers visit Amazon to discover, research, and buy products. Our systems process millions of interactions each hour, as customers navigate and explore our vast selection of products, features, and services. The Consumer Experience Technology (CXT) team is dedicated to making Amazon the best shopping experience across all platforms - from web and tablet to mobile. We aim to delight customers through providing simple, fluid, and beautiful experiences from the home page to checkout, while enabling informed buying decisions.
Amazon's CXT team will revolutionize online shopping for our customers worldwide. We seek full stack software engineers to design and develop a completely new VR shopping experience at Amazon. In this role you will work on a greenfield project, laying out the core of the architecture for a new experience, building new features, using existing services in artful new ways, and inventing new ones to solve problems in delivering Amazon's vision of VR shopping.
You're entrepreneurial and excel as a senior creative engineer. You're comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems at scale. You thrive in a highly collaborative and fun environment and love the potential impact of defining the future of the Amazon shopping experience in virtual reality. You're excited to learn with us in shipping a delightful VR experience to millions of people.
- 8+ years professional software development experience using C#, C++, or Java
- Shipped multiple software products as services, apps, or ideally both
- Excellent computer science fundamentals in object-oriented development, data structures, and algorithms
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent
- Passion and talent for mentoring and growing other engineers to increase team and individual productivity and happiness
- Demonstrated ability to deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed
- Experience in designing, building, leveraging, and maintaining real-time and large scale web applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices - including unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, continuous integration, and operations
- Experience in any VR platform such as Google Daydream, Oculus Rift, Gear VR, HTC Vive, PlayStation VR, or HoloLens
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Startup experience, V1 product, or similar demonstrated background working in greenfield spaces
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top