Senior Software Development Engineer - UI
- Irvine, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer at Amazon, you will own critical UI frameworks and apps that make it possible to develop UI applications for Amazon devices. You will create common software components to help Amazon build our smart home devices by working on projects that push the boundaries of customer-device interaction including product lines such as Echo and Fire TV. You will be challenged to create rich customer applications, while also optimizing for performance.
You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative customer experiences. You will create new solutions in a responsive, flexible and collaborative peer environment. You will participate in designing, prototyping, and building solutions to hard problems in the Amazon ecosystem for our exciting future in consumer devices.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Master's or Ph.D degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 7+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 5+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience developing for Linux.
• Skills in optimizing for embedded devices with constrained CPU and memory resources.
• Ability to drive an optimal software architecture across multiple teams.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical contributors.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us/
Back to top