Senior Software Development Engineer, Software Architect
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Using a combination of open source and proprietary technologies, we build cutting-edge tools and services to ensure remarkably high standards of quality across our video content onboarding and delivery systems. As a strong customer advocate, you will help own video quality end to end (E2E). We research cutting edge techniques for identifying and correcting defects in video content while ensuring our content ingestion, encoding, packaging, and publishing systems are robust, efficient and scalable.
We are looking for a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic Senior Software Development Engineer who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about new digital products. The person chosen for this position will have the opportunity to contribute their creative ideas and energy to our group. Duties include research, design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of new and existing systems and the creation of software services and tools to drive the software development process towards higher quality. As a Software Engineer, you will take part in the implementation and customization of software, working closely with application teams to delivering the media core engine. You will be working on cutting edge technologies in the market today. The development will be from the concept stage to the launch stage and ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- Software development engineering experience, with experience developing embedded applications or systems
- Design and architecture knowledge, as well as knowledge of object oriented design patterns
- Engineering process experience with the knowledge of applying Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles
- Master's degree
- Experience on Embedded Linux, Android media architecture, Stagefright, AudioFlinger
- Experience with media platforms, video firmware, HDMI/HDCP components and/or audio drivers
- Experience interfacing with vendors, partners and outside contacts
- Experience with current media streaming standards (HLS, DASH) and RTC technologies (WebRTC)
- Experience with DRM and content protection schemes like PlayReady, Widevine, HDCP
- Expert in embedded systems and embedded OSes (Android and Linux)
- Expert in System architecture and system software, understands the low-level software and hardware dependencies that are placed on services and applications higher in the stack
- Drive OS Architecture, longer term view of the OS, focusing on key initiatives that often span beyond the next OS release cycle.
- Drive and lead the architecture of OS features that span across multiple functional areas
- Drive system level improvements on performance, power, battery life of devices.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top