Senior Software Development Engineer, Seller Services
- Herndon, VA
The Amazon Seller Services team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, inventive Senior Development Engineer to grown our diverse engineering team. You will be working on local (Japan) as well as global projects and be exposed to people and technology from around the world.
Amazon is continuously working to offer the Earth's Biggest Selection to our customers and find new and innovative ways to satisfy broad customer needs for online shopping at Amazon. We launched Selling on Amazon (SOA) in 2007 in Japan. This service has enabled third party and private sellers to sell on Amazon.co.jp, which has greatly contributed to increase of selection available on Amazon to date. We have been growing this service ever since. More recently we launched Customer Service by Amazon in multiple countries which allows these Sellers to leverage Amazon's world class Customer Service offering to support their business and end customers.
Each year our engineers work closely with Product Managers and are supported by some of the best software engineers and program managers in the industry to release features which increase selection in quality and quantity. This in line with our vision and develop software solutions that simplify the process of adding new products to the Amazon catalog and making it easier for local and international Sellers to grow their business.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will play a key role in designing, developing and improving our software solutions. You will work with other software engineers in Japan, US, Europe and India as well as with our business stakeholders in Japan. You will be working alongside our team of locally based Product Managers to turn innovative ideas into a reality. Some of the key responsibilities are:
• Drive or participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of small-to-large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, systems and services using Java, Object-oriented Design and Distributed Programming
• Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture
• Work on the full development cycle; from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance
• Evaluate and make recommendations around the use of new or existing software products and tools
Amazon is an Inclusive and Work Life Harmony workplace - Amazon promotes a fulfilling and flexible work style according to the work volume and lifestyle of each employee. (Example: Flex Time, Work from Home, Maternity /Parenting/Family Care Leave etc.)We enable full-time Work from Home and On-boarding capabilities during COVID-19.
This role is based out of Tokyo, Japan, international applicants welcome! Amazon offers necessary VISA and relocation support for you and your direct family.
• Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience in Computer Science or related field with 7+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, problem solving, and complexity evaluations
• Strong affinity to develop highly available, self maintaining services using industry best practices (Test Driven Development, CI/CD, Security, Documentation, etc)
• Fluency in English
• Experience building complex software applications that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Passionate about learning new programming languages, frameworks, and technologies
• Experience in Agile methodologies like SCRUM or Kanban
• Able to support, coach and mentor peers within your Software Team
• Conversational Japanese Language skills
Back to top