Senior Software Development Engineer- Seller Listing Tools Techonlogy
- Tempe, AZ
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world. Amazon's vision is to offer the earth's largest selection and lowest prices to our customers.
Over 2MM Sellers in 10 countries (and growing) list their products for sale on the Amazon.com Marketplace. Sellers are a critical part of Amazon's ecosystem to deliver on our vision of offering the earth's largest selection and lowest prices. Our business currently represents 40% of Amazon units sold, and is growing all the time.
The Selling Partner Services organization drives the Selling on Amazon business and develops solutions that enable millions of sellers around the world to sell to more than 200MM customers (and growing). These solutions include the software platform and applications that drive demand generation, customer acquisition, seller integration, customer relationship management, business analytics, and the inventory and order management functions necessary for sellers to manage their business online at Amazon.com.
Our team is made up of people like you. People who are:
Entrepreneurial We build solutions for all sellers, regardless of size. In fact, many of us are sellers ourselves.
Innovative Our problem space evolves every day due to scale, new categories and new geographies. There is no playbook for a Marketplace of this size, so innovation and creativity are a must.
Passionate We are passionate about our customers, both sellers and buyers. Everyone's an owner at Amazon, and our team is no exception. Our business is growing fast and the pace is even faster.
Leaders We recognize the desire for people to lead, whether it is the development of a new feature or ownership of a new category. We invest in our team members, providing challenging roles with significant responsibility. Coaching and mentoring is taken seriously to ensure we continue to build a company we can be extremely proud of.
We build and operate the core platforms and services that support our sellers via interactive applications, feed processing systems, reporting frameworks and Web service APIs. Sellers use these systems to manage their products and inventory levels on Amazon websites and they are mission-critical to our sellers' businesses. The Listings Platform team mission is to provide the most innovative, scalable, and reliable systems in the world to ensure our sellers' success.
Specifically, this team will be using a variety of AWS technologies to radically increase efficiency of making update to Amazon's Selection.
• BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 6 or more years' experience in software development
• Experience with object oriented programming including Java, C++, C#, or C
• Ability to deal with ambiguity as well as ability to innovate and simplify.
• Strong written/spoken communication skills
• Experience with system architecture/design
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems.
• Experience developing Unit Tests using tools such as JUnit to verify your code quality.
• Experience with AWS services EC2, EBS, RDS, Kinesis, DynamoDB, etc, or other cloud compute-based services and platforms
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures & algorithms).
• Knowledge of scalable distributed systems and service oriented architecture.
• Experience solving complex software problems.
• Solid understanding of Object-Oriented analysis and design concepts.
• Good understanding of networking concepts.
• Core competencies in Java (Spring, HTTP, REST)
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top