Senior Software Development Engineer - Security
- Dallas, TX
AWS World Wide Revenue Operations (WWRO) is building out a security team to support our AWS Sales & Marketing division. This team will partner with the central AWS Security team while building organization-specific capabilities. This includes building scalable mechanisms, tools, and products that enable sales & marketing teams to be more secure. The opportunities are huge, and the impact is massive. Security is the epitome of customer obsession!
AWS Sales & Marketing teams use data in complex, high volume ways. Figuring out appropriate roles and access controls requires dozens of specialists across hundreds of tools. WWRO Security is working to replace this process and enable faster, more tailored access to data.
We are looking for an SDE who is passionate about security and progressing the vision of security in WWRO. The ideal candidate will be motivated, have strong attention to detail, and will model Amazon Leadership Principles. You will have the opportunity to engage with systems that are at the cutting edge of technology and scale, using AWS and a variety of cloud tools. You will partner with the Security Engineering and Operations teams to build the team's roadmap, taking disparate requests from customers, gathering data, and prioritizing security work that will impact Amazon's millions of customers. Customer Obsession, strong Ownership, curiosity, and an ability to deal with ambiguity are critical for this role.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Locations: Dallas or Seattle
• 4+ years of professional software development experience.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, Python, or C# including object-oriented design.
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field OR equivalent experience
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience with software development methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or equivalent
• 7+ years of professional software development experience
• 5+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, Python, or C# including object-oriented design.
• 4+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Advanced/Master's degree in or Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and navigate through ambiguity
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated to learn and improve knowledge and skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top