Senior Software Development Engineers at Amazon LONDON & DUBLIN
Scale at Amazon is, well, really big. There are few companies out there building at our scale and complexity. As Senior Software Development Engineer (Senior SDE), you'll be the Technical Expert we turn to to make the Amazon magic happen. With ownership of existing software and building new products, you will lead the design and implementation of large scale efforts from the technical perspective. You'll not only code, but also drive the direction of the software architecture, and team practices. Our Senior SDEs enjoy a great deal of autonomy and are looked up to as leaders. In addition to owning the architecture of larger products, you will lead code and technical reviews, mentor engineers, and drive important technical decisions.
Senior SDEs at Amazon are above all problem solvers, those we trust most in making technical decisions for how we build our software. They know every line of code we write matters in building great products. As the technical experts on their teams, Senior SDEs come from all different backgrounds, some deeply specialized, while others have a more generalist background. In any case, they are able to keep an eye on big picture while still keeping a finger on the pulse of the details - using both to inform their architectural and design decisions. With the assistance of their partner Product Managers and Software Development Managers, Senior SDEs also help steer business decisions at both the tactical and the strategic level. Product managers and non-technical stakeholders will depend on you to help balance technological demands and opportunities with business needs.
Hiring Teams Payment Security Engineering - Dublin
Do you want to be part of a team that design and implement critical payment related services for Amazon with air-tight security and five-nine availability, that serve millions of requests per minute? Do you want to be part of a fun group that explores cutting edge technology, with a culture of learning from each other and developing each other? Do you want to be part of an organization that will be in the center of projects that will shape the future of the payments industry? If you answer yes to any of the questions above, this position is for you! Your work will be visible among company's senior executives.
DOIT - Dublin
We are the Day One Intelligence organization, DOIT, responsible for building the technology that will enable Amazon to retain its unique company culture whilst growing its talent base in excess of 1 million employees. At DOIT we are building intelligent products and services that offer a consumer grade user experience and use science to manage talent development at Amazon. DOIT product and services engineering teams include big data engineering, machine learning, micro-service software development, and front-end software development. Our experience team is responsible for designing our product user experiences as well as building the UX framework that powers our products. At DOIT we enable Amazon to adopt the most scientific approach to global talent management: DOIT, come invent with us!
Intelligent Cloud Control ICC - Dublin
Our group is responsible for the global availability of the Amazon retail shopping experience. Ensuring a highly available experience is a massive undertaking across 26+ marketplace websites & mobile-apps, powered by tens of thousands of backend services. Our Consumer Reliability Analytics team ingest and analyze mission-critical service data and provide tools to identify, target and help fix issues that result in Customer impact.
Alexa Shopping - London
At Alexa Shopping team in London you will work on allowing our customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their mobile devices through the Amazon apps. Integration of Alexa Shopping into these apps extends the cutting edge Alexa service, bringing voice and input to your devices.
What can we offer you?
• In a phrase? "technical creativity" - a chance build important products from greenfield, to production that are used by customers all over the world
• Career growth- locally and abroad. Amazon is investing heavily in Tech Hubs like Dublin all over Europe. No glass ceiling to your development here! We recognize just how important it is to not centralize decisions at HQ in order to truly build great software that will delight our customers - but rather allow our engineers and teams the space to make decisions and innovate.
• Competitive package, including moving expenses for you and family if you are relocating for the position
• Bachelor's (or above) Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
• Professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proven record delivering scalable systems
• Clear architectural decision making expertise
• Experience building microservices
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• High volume / real time event processing, Big Data or ML experiences are a plus
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.