Amazon's Consumer Reliability Engineering team develops software systems and programs that improve reliability of application services and protect customer experience. Our products leverage statistical evaluation and machine learning to identify anomalous conditions and take remediation actions. Our systems are critical in ensuring that ongoing availability of Amazon's retail websites and other services. Our reliability program focuses on initiatives geared towards building resiliency into the applications, and improvement of DevOps and Operational excellence processes.
The Hygiene program is an enormous green field of possibility. We have access to a massive data lake and are uniquely positioned to have visibility into the pain points of the entire company. We are responsible for first determining which projects to tackle, and then we will develop new software to tackle those problems. There is no pre-existing software on this team; we have no technical debt. This is a brand-new space in which to innovate.
Impact: As a member of the Amazon development team, you'll be given the opportunity to have direct impact on the evolution of the Amazon e-commerce platform and lead mission critical projects early in your career. Your design, code, judgment, and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, optimization, scalability, security and tweaking algorithms, just to name a few.
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 6+ years of work experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, , or .
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Willingness: A big part of this project is figuring out what exactly we need to build. You need to be willing to be a little crazy - this is a huge greenfield project.
• Experience: Any non-standard background is going to be a plus here. Do you have a test background? Have you taught yourself PHP? Have you been a lab manager? Because the project can move in literally any direction, any additional experience you have outside the "normal" CS-focused development is a plus.
• Priorities: When everything is possible, it's very easy to end up doing nothing at all. You need to be able to prioritize from a very, very large list of big ideas.
• Communication Skills: The whole company is our customer. Can you talk to new engineers and seasoned executives?
• The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300- 160,000 [yr]; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.