Senior Software Development Engineer, Product Compliance
- Seattle, WA
Role is Seattle based or Remote
Are you passionate about protecting customer experience? Do you get excited at the opportunity of solving tough problems? If you said "YES" we have opportunities in the Defective Inventory Management team. The Defective Inventory Management team is responsible for protecting customer experience and brand value. This team owns critical services that is used to prevent defective inventory from being shipped to Amazon's buying customers. Amazon's ever expanding and vast consisting of heterogenous nodes makes this a very challenging problem. We use AWS technologies like Kinesis, Lambda, SQS, dynamo DB to build scalable and highly available systems.
The team is also building an Inventory Inspection Platform to proactively detect defective inventory before it ever reaches the customer. We have ML systems that create a funnel of suspected inventory before we see any signals from the customer. The Inventory Inspection Platform is being built to perform automated inspections on the suspected inventory to confirm defects and perform enforcement. We are experimenting with various product attributes ( Images, X-rays, weight etc ) and ML models to perform automated Inspection.
In this team you will have the opportunities to design and develop new systems. You will be part of a dynamic team of engineers where creative thinking and team work is highly valued. In this team you will enjoy low operational burden and tons of opportunities to innovate. Bias for action and the ability to deal with ambiguity are core requirements of a strong candidate.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
• Experience with and understanding of object-oriented principles inherent to object-oriented programming/design.
• Strong background in data structures and algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Strong customer obsession and ownership to independently drive projects and deliver results
• 5+ years of industry software development experience designing and developing software with least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C# or C++
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields
• Experience building complex, highly scalable software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience contributing to engineering best practices, conducting effective code reviews and influencing the team to follow highest standards in developing solutions
• Experience with machine learning techniques and algorithms
• Experience with Agile software development in a UNIX/Linux environment
• Self-directed an capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top