Come build the future of entertainment with us. Are you interested in shaping the future of live streamed events? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows, movies and live sports - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
In this role, you will be joining the Stockholm-based live low latency streaming team. We deliver Sye, a revolutionary streaming platform primarily used for live sporting events and concerts. Our ambition is to drastically improve the customer experience of watching live streams by providing minimal latency and synchronized playback to all viewers across the globe.
As a senior developer on our live low latency streaming player team, you will take a leading role to reinvent and improve the components providing live streaming capabilities to end user applications.
With high expectations on quality of service and customer experience, you will ensure that technical designs across our platforms support our goals, and work with peer teams across the organisation to fulfill them. Naturally, you will also be taking active part in the development and quality assurance of the team's deliverables. The platforms we support include Android, iOS, tvOS, smart-TVs, set-top-boxes, game consoles and web.
The team is growing, and with us you will also be able to grow as you work and have influence on the future of Amazon live streaming. Together with partners such as Twitch and IMDb TV, we are part of a strong video streaming community that will be available to you.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Proven technical leadership as a Technical Lead, Team Lead, or Architect
• Strong written and verbal English communications skills
• Strong knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers in all aspects of their engineering skillsets
• Algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Ability to deal with ambiguous/undefined problems
• Experience in developing and maintaining applications, frameworks or SDKs for Android, iOS, tvOS, Smart TVs, game consoles or web
• Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience in video streaming applications
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.