Senior Software Development Engineer - Prime Video
- Bengaluru, India
Prime Video is disrupting traditional media with an ever-increasing selection of movies, TV shows, Emmy Award winning original content, add-on subscriptions including HBO and Showtime, and live events like Thursday Night Football. Making great content available to customers, with high availability is just one part of the puzzle. Experimenting with different ways of making this content available to customers is equally important.
Linear (24/7 Television or broadcast programming) is one of the key options for Prime Video customers. We in Prime Video are building next gen systems to provide best-in-class Linear TV experience to Prime Video customers. It is Day 1 for the linear TV experience on Prime Video.
This is your opportunity to take an active role in shaping the future of digital video by defining the next generation of what Amazon customers are watching. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help continue to deliver on our ambitious goals.
We are looking for smart, motivated technology leader who will lead building the platform for delivering linear catalog and customer experience to our customers. You will collaborate with business leaders and have influence over the technical direction of the team. You will have the option and support to continually grow your scope and develop your technical skills.
It is an opportunity to work with Principal and senior engineers to build high-speed data delivery systems. If you have experience building large-scale, high-performance, customer-friendly products and are interested in designing multi-tier services to handle large datasets, complex domains, and problems at Amazon scale, this is the job for you.
For this position will have a strong background in C++/Java, Python and/or SQL while experience with ElasticSearch, AWS services including Dynamo, SQS, Athena will help you contribute quickly. Equally important to these specific skills are a candidate's ability to multi-task, quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems, and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and orally.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Strong full-stack technical design and development skills and experience.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• An ability and desire to mentor more junior engineers.
• Demonstrated experience leading and running your own projects to build complex software systems, with experience across the full software development life cycle.
• Demonstrated experience building low latency, fault tolerant distributed systems.
• Demonstrated experience deploying and maintaining critical production software.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
• Strong verbal and written communication.
• A passion for customer analytics and providing a great customer experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age.
Back to top