Would you like to be part of a team that is solving new business challenges through innovative technology?
The Point-of-Sales team is one of Amazon Physical Stores' technology teams that provides solutions for Amazon's brick and mortar store, which includes Amazon Go, Amazon 4-Star, and Amazon Books, among others. While we use existing Amazon systems when possible, you'll have the opportunity to work on challenging problems that need innovative solutions specifically for all Amazon's brick and mortar store formats.
Come join a team in which builders build software and delight customers! You will learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
• Masters Degree + 2 years (or Bachelor's Degree + 4 years) relevant experience in Computer Science or related field
• Hands-on experience with architecting and delivering large scale systems on a globally distributed scale
• Fluency in Java, C#, or other object-oriented languages.
• Experience building user-facing features in VueJS, React, Angular or other web UI framework
• Fluency in UNIX systems
• Passion and established experience for full stack software development
• Proficiency in software system design
• Expertise in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and complexity analysis.
• Ability to produce bullet-proof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient and maintainable.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (beyond technical domain)
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• 5+ years owning and driving end-to-end product development across multiple teams, shipping multiple high quality software products or services in an agile/scrum development lifecycle at global scale
• Thorough understanding of and hands-on technical expertise in rich user experiences, distributed systems, workflow management and high scale, service-oriented architectures
• Familiarity with one or more of: Ruby/Python/Perl or another scripting language
• Familiarity with Windows .Net development.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional business and software development teams.
• Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
• Obsession with quality and customer experience
• Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues at various levels of the organization
• Self-directed nature, entrepreneurship spirit and flexibility to wear many hats
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and 24x7 operations
• Demonstrate strategic thinking and business acumen
• Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
#SEA-PSF3-SDE3 #SEA-F3-SDE3 #PSF3-SDE3 #PS-SDE3