Senior Software Development Engineer - Playback Insights
- Seattle, WA
Prime Video is disrupting traditional media with an ever-increasing selection of movies, TV shows, Emmy Award winning original content, add-on subscriptions including HBO, and live events like Thursday Night Football. Our architecture operates at Amazon-scale and raises the bar for playback reliability, video start time, and image quality. Prime Video runs on thousands of device types in over 200 territories worldwide.
The Playback Insights team designs, implements, and operates device-facing services that process and store telemetry and metrics for all of Prime Video. Every customer and device streaming Prime Video world wide reports into our systems, giving us the unique challenge of both scaling to handle incredibly high TPS, while also dealing with the complexities of Big Data.
Our architecture processes and stores hundreds of billions of events per day at petabyte scale, with obsessively high reliability and low operational overhead. We leverage many Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies including EC2, S3, API Gateway, Kinesis, Lambda, Athena, and EMR.
Successful Software Engineer candidates have a solid background in modern programming languages, distributed system design, service-oriented architecture, and high scalability. Experience in Big Data and Machine Learning is a plus. Equally important is the ability to multi-task, invent, create reliable and maintainable code, and find creative, scalable solutions to difficult problems.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top