We are the People eXperience Foundation (PXF) organization, responsible for building the web applications and distributed web services that support over 1 million Amazon employees every day by teaching and reinforcing our unique Day 1 culture. We do this through technology solutions powered by data, machine learning and smart automation, that help Amazonians to take actions, guide them through processes, and enable them to self-serve, so that they spend less time in product and more time delivering for customers. We provide the one-stop experience that Amazonians use daily to manage their employment, grow their career, manage their teams and remain connected to life at Amazon. At PXF we serve Amazonians through a human-centered design approach to technology innovations, with the goal of supporting Amazon's mission to be become Earth's best employer.
PXF is organized in three teams: PXF Framework, PXF Data Services, and PXF Content Services. The PXF Framework team owns the customer experience by building consumer-grade web and mobile experiences, web services, and development frameworks that power highly secure, private, and available experiences for all our users. The PXF Data Services team owns the data lake technology and smart product innovations that serve our employees through intelligence powered by science and machine learning. The PXF Content Services team connects our tools and resources through a personalized search experience and content management technology that enables Amazonians to get to the right information at the right time.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer you will own the design and implementation of new and novel services that are robust, highly scaleable and above all delight customers. You will drive the direction of the software architecture and work with other teams on integration. In addition to owning the architecture of a larger product, you will lead code reviews, mentor engineers, and drive important technical decisions.
Sr. SDEs at Amazon do so much more than just software development. We'll be looking at you to help:
• Decide what features to build
• Drive software engineering best practices.
• Design performant, distributed and scalable systems
• Strategize and shape our long-term vision and architecture
• Lead code reviews and mentor engineers
• 10+ years of experience building production software systems.
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs.
• Expertise in full stack development in at least one modern programming language.
• Proven ability to learn new languages and technologies, and lead others in acquiring new skills.
• Comfortable with written and/or verbal communication in English - our Tech Hubs are diverse so the working language is 100% English
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or 8+ years of equivalent experience.
• Experience building scalable, distributed, production software systems with a understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Experience driving large projects from concept to prototype to production.
• Experience working with databases, data processing, and perceptive tools.