Are you interested in contributing to a highly scalable open source log analytics and search platform? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage and derive insights from vast volumes of data? Do you like collaborating and working on decentralized open-source model? Do you like to work for a team bounded by very little constraints (Sky is the limit!) ? Do you want to be a part of a successful high visibility open source initiative?
As a Senior Software Engineer on our team, you will
• Design, develop and maintain process, applications and softwares by collaborating with the community, team members and stakeholders
• Work on the decentralized open-source model and encourage open collaboration / communication
• Engage frequently with the open source community to find and fix the most important challenges
• Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable; our primary languages are Java, Ruby, Python, and C/C++
• Possess expert knowledge in large scale distributed system design and engineering best practices.
• Drive and work on algorithm and architecture design, execute and deliver results
• Follow best practices and standards to ensure the high quality contributions and distributions
• Maintain effective communication and collaboration with partner teams, both local and remote, in completing interdependent work items
• Work closely with multiple teams across search service organization and help them understand and implement best practices
• Advocate for open source, both inside and outside the company
• Join a great group of motivated, top-notch, people and work with them to solve challenging problems in a fun, collaborative environment
Working in Search Services
The Search Services team in AWS designs, develops and operates software that allows customers to index, search and analyze documents at scale in a secure, responsive, and reliable environment. The team is tackling tough data, search and analytics problems. As we expand at a tremendous rate, we are looking for innovative engineers with a passion for data, search, analytics and distributed systems to join the team.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
• 2+ years Experience with scripting language such as Python/Perl/Shell
• 4+ years Experience with Object Oriented design and programming language such as Java, C#, C++
• 4+ years of experience in distributed systems design and large-scale data processing
• 2+ years with Web development technology in Java script framework (React, Node.js, etc)
• 3+ years of experience with public cloud infrastructure
• Experience with Elasticsearch, Apache Solr, or Apache Lucene
• Experience building customer centric enterprise products
• Code contributions to Open-source software projects