Amazon VPC is re-imagining what it means to troubleshoot and bring transparency to the software-defined network, and we need your help. We are in search of a senior SDE to help us build a new AWS service. .
This role would involve being part of the team that owns building, scaling, and maintaining high performance new AWS service to ensure we are providing the right level of transparency and troubleshooting capabilities for traffic flowing through Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). You will work on breaking new ground on how we build semantic and machine learning models to enhance customer experience. You will need to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment. We like to move fast, experiment, iterate and then scale quickly, thoughtfully balancing speed and quality.
Do you enjoy...
• Directly influencing how customers experience your products?
• Working alongside creative, fun and motivated teammates?
• Solving complex problems at massive scale?
• Anticipating the next big problem to solve?
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee- led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Math or related field
• 4+ years of working on large scale systems and strong foundational knowledge of data structures and algorithms
• Excellent problem solving skills; ability to invent and simplify
• Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills (Java/C# and/or C++)
• Deep understanding of distributed systems, designing for fault tolerant systems, data structures and algorithms
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
• Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields
• Experience with designing and building large scale systems, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms
• Strong knowledge of high performance systems
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
• Passion for great customer experience and quality
• Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architectures and designs to realize high quality working software