Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Have you wanted an opportunity to develop the core wireless and networking for an advanced global telecom service via both space and terrestrial networks? Project Kuiper's Software Defined Networking (SDN) team will design, implement and operate the network virtualization stack and control plane that provides a high throughput telecom service comprised of Low Earth Orbit satellites, customer terminals, gateways, Cloud services and terrestrial network infrastructure that connects into public and private networks. This engineer must have networking software development experience, including hands-on experience delivering network virtualization software, network management and application security.
• Take responsibility for designing and delivering a modern, flexible, high throughput, low latency network virtualization architecture.
• Implement services for network provisioning and planning in SDN to create the best-in-class network services for delivering high throughput, low latency traffic.
• Define and automate the standard processes for design, implementation, and maintenance of network operations including incident resolution.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related technical discipline or 10+ years of equivalent experience delivering production software.
• 6+ years of experience delivering production software
• Experience with Unix/Linux and coding
• Experience with networking fundamentals, L3/4 technologies, routing and transport protocols, network planning or provisioning
• Experience in building large scale, high performance, high availability systems.
• Understanding of L3/L4 networking in a dynamic network.
• Computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms and distributed systems.
• Background with network design and architecture
• Experience creating dashboards for network provisioning and fleet management
• Background building and working with simulations tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us