Check out our team videos:
If you are a Senior Developer with 8+ years experience and deep expertise in distributed systems and interested in micro-services, you'll want to talk to the ORCS team.
Our systems are at the core of Amazon.com websites because we serve up the product and offering catalog containing billions of records. We are the authority for product information and critical purchasing data, such as availability and price. Offer and Remote Catalog Services (ORCS) respond to billions of requests per day from hundreds of internal clients that power the website and other customer interfaces, such as Kindle and Amazon Alexa. We get more traffic than most other Amazon systems and most requests are handled within a few milliseconds. Our team owns software running in a distributed, high performance, high availability NoSQL data storage system with an inbuilt micro-service computing environment that calculates and vends product and offering information.
Our engineers are customer-focused, strong performance analysts, Linux systems-savvy, and good API designers. These skills help us define the bleeding edge for elegant, super-scalable services at Amazon.com.
The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience. You should have a thorough understanding of Internet protocols and experience implementing services using Java/C++ in a Linux/Unix environment. You should be somebody who enjoys working on owning software services, is customer-centric, and feels strongly not only about building good software but about making that software achieve its goals in operational reality.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, or Java
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Teams: ORCS OLS
Org: IOP Offers