Amazon Compute Technologies (ACT) builds innovative managed compute and networking solutions that empower Amazon Software Engineers to build and operate services for Amazon's customers that are secure, highly available, and easy to scale. We identify and support the foundational infrastructure capabilities, tools, and datasets needed to support rapid global expansion of Amazon's SOA infrastructure, built on top of AWS technologies. Our team focuses on robust and scalable architecture patterns and engineering best practices, driving adoption of ever-evolving and cutting-edge AWS technologies.
Do you want to build the future development experience for engineers at Amazon? Our program's mission is to increase developer productivity for Amazon engineers by eliminating their undifferentiated effort through abstractions and automation.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE), you will help shape the Amazon compute strategy by building highly available platforms that offer different levels of abstractions to accommodate our diverse use cases. We host thousands of that operate at the core of Amazon's business, at Internet scale (tens of thousands of transactions per second). We enable Amazon's internal developers to improve time-to-market by allowing them to simply launch their application code, operating in a secure, highly available, and efficient managed hosting environment.
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer, who shares our passion for developer productivity and efficiency, to help us build the developer tools and platforms that set the standard for software development and operations at Amazon.
These are exciting times in our space even with thousands of customers serving over 1 Trillion requests per week we are still at an early stage and working on ambitious new goals where every member of the team can have significant technical and business impact.
Given the size and impact of ACT's customer base, we understand the importance of making our development tools "just work". We make it easy to build high quality, reliable systems build and maintain Amazon Customer trust, that support Amazon's evolving architectural needs. Come help us create and evolve the abstractions that make developing software at Amazon even more powerful and flexible!
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience in architecting and leading large scale distributed systems.
- Experience in scaling and performance tuning of large systems.
- Experience with application containers.
- Experience providing application hosting.
- Experience with AWS and other cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.