Senior Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning
As a Senior Software Developer you have the chance to help develop a new product from the very early stages. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced start-up like environment and want to invent the future.
Our team is looking for a senior development engineer to turn state-of-the art machine learning models and algorithms into services to solve new problems for Amazon. You will help define systems specs, design and iterate on early prototypes, and help create a novel user experience. You'll collaborate closely with research scientists and UX researchers to help define the scope of a product. As an early team member, you will take responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product objectives, hiring engineering teams, and developing best practices. You will demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals. You will play a role in defining processes and methods to improve the productivity of the entire team. You will identify and initiate investigations of new technologies, prototype and test solutions for product features, and design and validate designs that deliver an exceptional user experience. You are a person with a commitment to team work, who enjoys working on complex software systems, is customer-centric, and thrives on the challenge of prototyping new systems that will eventually operate at world-wide scale.
Big data: Extensive experience with data analytics, and working knowledge of big data infrastructure such as Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, and AWS. Data analysis pipelines shipment experience with terabytes of data and understand the challenges of manipulating such large datasets sitting on relational and non-relational data sources.
- ML and Data Science: You have working knowledge of machine learning and analytic libraries such as Scikit-learn, GraphLab, Mahout, MLlib, and Pandas, and you understand where models can lead you astray and what you can do to address issues.
- Project management: You demonstrate excellent project and time management skills.
- CS fundamentals: You have earned at least a B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related degree AND you have a strong ethos of continuous learning.
- Solid understanding of ML pipelines: data processing, feature extraction, modelling, deployment, monitoring
- Experience in productionzing highly scalable, distributed data processing and predictive analytics systems
- Solid understanding of design principles with various storage and database systems
- Experience with various distributed computation paradigms: MapReduce vs Spark
- Performance optimisation in distributed systems
- Production experience with publisher-subscriber frameworks
- Experience in architecting complex, multi-sourced, multi-tiered, aysncrhornous data pipelines
- Experience with data dependency management
- Experience with data stream processing
- Solid understanding of fundemental ML concepts
- Experience in developing authorisation, monitoring and backup systems for predictive tools
- Experience in deep learning frameworks: mxnet, TF or Torch
- Experience ML design patterns: live vs audit models, offline, nearline vs online computation
- Experience with hybdid rule based and statistical based systems
- Experience with working with multi-disciplinary and applied research teams
- Ability to prototype fast
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top