Senior Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning
- New York, NY
Amazon Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most profitable businesses. As a core product offering within our advertising portfolio, Sponsored Products (SP) helps merchants, retail vendors, and brand owners succeed via native advertising, which grows incremental sales of their products sold through Amazon. The SP team's primary goals are to help shoppers discover new products they love, be the most efficient way for advertisers to meet their business objectives, and build a sustainable business that continuously innovates on behalf of customers. Our products and solutions are strategically important to enable our Retail and Marketplace businesses to drive long-term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks and break fresh ground in product and technical innovations every day!
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Machine Learning at Amazon, you will
• Contribute and drive the technical direction of our offerings and solutions, working with many different technologies across the sponsored products organization.
• Design, code, troubleshoot, and support scalable machine-learning pipelines and online serving systems.
• Work closely with applied scientists to optimize the performance of machine-learning models and infrastructure, and implement end-to-end solutions.
• Drive ML infra projects (within and across the teams).
Impact and Career Growth:
• You will invent new shopper and advertiser experiences, and accelerate the pace of Machine Learning and Optimization.
• Influence customer facing shopping experiences to helping suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising, this role will be powering the engine of one the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
• Define a long-term science vision for our ad marketplace, driven fundamentally from the needs of our customers, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams.
• This is a role that combines engineering leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus and business understanding.
Why you love this opportunity:
• Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales.
• Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products.
• We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Team video ~ https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
Team Location: We are open to hiring this role in either New York City or Toronto.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Breadth of Machine Learning - Hands-on expereince, coursework and/or thesis in machine learning.
• Experience in building large-scale, low latency machine learning infrastructure for online recommendation, ad ranking, personalization, or search, etc.
• Experience with machine learning systems: AWS SageMaker, Apache MxNet, Apache TVM, AWS Inferentia, PyPorch, TensorFlow
• Expert in OOD & OOP.
• Experience with information retrieval, data mining, etc.
• Advanced knowledge of performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top