Senior Software Development Engineer - Live Transcoder - Media Engine
AWS Elemental is an Amazon Web Services company that combines deep video expertise with the power and scale of the cloud. Our Live Transcoder team is looking for an experienced software development leader to help us give our customers the freedom to focus on what matters: transforming ideas into compelling content that captivates viewers.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will write great code to process our customers' video, audio, captions and other metadata. You'll work on cutting edge technologies like 4K HEVC delivery, high dynamic range video, immersive audio codecs, MPEG DASH delivery, virtualized and containerized media engines, cloud transcoding and storage, and high performance 10G networking. You will work on a focused team with clear leadership and a direct ability to solve our customers' problems and enable their success. Your work will have a broad reach. Your code will process thousands of video streams around the world, and the final output will be enjoyed by millions of viewers. The full resources of Amazon Web Services are available to us and the only limit is our imagination.
What you'll do:
- Write great code to make our great products even greater
- Design and implement new features from specification to final test
- Work closely with User Interface Engineers, QA Engineers, and Automated Test Engineers to deliver a complete, tested customer solution
- Mentor junior engineers and as they acclimate to our team and this industry
- Participate in candidate interviews and mentor junior engineers
- Learn a tremendous amount about modern media technologies.
- Have fun in a challenging but rewarding environment
- A passion for software development
- A BS in Math, Science, or an Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Proficiency in C/C++ development
- Media software development experience
- Fluency on Linux
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top