Senior Software Development Engineer (Java)
- Gdańsk, Poland
Come and join the AWS Database Migration Accelerator team that helps our customers migrate to the cloud. We are on a mission to transform legacy enterprise workloads into modern AWS native application architectures. We achieve this by utilizing innovative tools, sophisticated engineering systems and database expertise. We provide fixed price and high speed migrations to the cloud. Database Migration Accelerator is combining various AWS cloud platform services into one product which would serve our customers. We are a team of professionals that are forward-looking and using latest technology offerings (AWS cloud services, Machine Learning, Mathematical Optimization, Relational and NoSQL databases) to build new capability to operationalize and automate migration methodologies. Databases Services at AWS cover a range of data platforms including Amazon Aurora, DynamoDB, Redshift, Athena, as well as AWS Database Migration Service, Data Pipeline, Glue and more. As each service grows, so does adoption by customers world-wide.
We have an interesting opportunity for a Senior Software Development Engineer in the Java space who is passionate about architecting and developing new offerings in the cloud and is enthusiastic about applying creative new ideas to real-world problems.
Joining the AWS Database Services team as a Senior Software Development Engineer gives you the opportunity to:
• Work for a company that brings the customer to the forefront of cloud computing technology.
• Have full ownership in defining migration strategies and architecture with access to innovative technology and latest frameworks.
• Join the team whose activities are regularly called out publicly by AWS CEO Andy Jassy.
Our team places value on work-life balance. Our team is global, based in the US, and Poland. Our Poland teams typically start later in the day to have a couple of hours of overlap with US teams.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers mentor more junior engineers through one-on-one mentoring and collaborative code reviews.
Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and helps you further develop your skillset.
Inclusive Team Culture
We get to build a really cool service and the mains contributing factor to our success is the inclusive and welcoming culture that we embody every day.
We welcome teammates who are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to collaborate with a diverse team of peers.
As a Senior SDE on Our Team You Will:
• Build new cloud based solutions to accelerate migrations to the cloud.
• Solve difficult and complex migration problems and propose out of the box migration solutions.
• Create technical strategies and deliver with limited guidance.
• Focus on designing and coding architecture that yields significant performance, availability, and business value.
• Understand your team's architecture in detail and make technical trade-offs between short-term team needs and long-term business needs.
• Influence your team's software architecture and likely influence related teams architecture too.
• Mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties.
• Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• 10+ years experience working on large scale code bases for web services, applications or other software components.
• 7+ years experience with Java programming stack.
• Experience in building and architecting scalable systems running in Oracle ecosystem.
• Proficiency in software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience in communicating with peers, technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements & describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Experience in AWS or other cloud technologies.
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems.
• Knowledge of Oracle and either PostgreSQL or MySQL.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top