Senior Software Development Engineer in Test - Amazon Sidewalk
- Taipei, Taiwan
There is nothing COOLER than thinking and building a brand-new IoT solution like Sidewalk. Are you looking for an exciting and challenging role? Join us as the initiator of Sidewalk.
Amazon Sidewalk is a new long-term effort to greatly extend the working range of low-bandwidth, low-power, smart lights, sensors, and other low-cost devices customers install at the edge of their home network. We believe customers shouldn't have to settle for connected devices that lose functionality past the front door. With Amazon Sidewalk, customers will be able to place smart devices anywhere on their property and know the devices will work, even in dead spots where Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don't reach, helping bridge the connectivity gaps around our homes!
Amazon Sidewalk is looking for a passionate, hard-working and talented Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who has experience building innovative, mission critical software features.
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for the development and maintenance of testing framework for key features on devices
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
• Research and implement novel system profiling approaches for Amazon device test automation
• Assist architectural and design review of new and current systems
• Work in an Agile or Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
Base location: Taipei or Hsinchu
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field
• Solid knowledge of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and systems architecture.
• 8+ years professional experience building embedded systems across the full software lifecycle including design, implementation, testing, operations, and maintenance.
• Experience in one or more modern programming languages such as Java, C/C++ or Python.
• Good written and spoken English communication skills
• Familiar with Android and Linux environment (ex: Linux shell script, Linux commands, Android adb commands)
• Familiar with system profiling or debugging tools (ex: perf, valgrind, strace, ftrace, eBPF)
• Familiar with git, gerrit and Jenkins
• Experience with RESTful API and creating a simple cloud service.
• Experience with test automation framework
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top