Amazon WorkSpaces is a managed desktop computing service in the cloud. Amazon WorkSpaces allows customers to easily provision cloud-based desktops that allow end-users to access the documents, applications and resources they need with the device of their choice, including laptops, iPad, Kindle Fire, Android tablets, and zero clients. With a few clicks in the AWS Management Console, customers can provision a high-quality cloud desktop experience for any number of users at a cost that is highly competitive with traditional desktops and half the cost of most virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solutions.
If you like to work in massively scalable distributed systems, networking protocols for real time presentation remoting and opportunities to work on multiple client technologies then join our team to help build Amazon's Desktop-As-A-Service offering! We aim to bring a desktop experience to modern form factors (mobile, desktop) with a native experience for end-users, and a simple and cost-effective way to provision and manage these desktops for IT administrators, leveraging world's largest public cloud! The systems underlying the offering are complex and there are huge opportunities to work at all levels from the front end user experience, to a set of robust platform services, to system level pieces and everything in between.
This team is a good fit for you if:
• You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in having a firsthand impact on Amazon's global customer base
• You truly care about the business results of what you build, not just the elegance of the technology
• You like to solve interesting technology problems
• You enjoy collaborating in a diverse team environment
• You are a passionate learner and motivated to take on new challenges.
• You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also enjoy work life balance.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent years of experience
- 8+ years industry experience building large scale software applications
- In-depth understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in object oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and problem-solving
- Experience building VDI solutions
- Experience building fully managed, cloud native products
- Experience building client applications
- Experience with large scale web services
- Management of large scale enterprise applications