Senior Software Development Engineer III- Bellevue WA
- Bellevue, WA
Are you interested in creating solutions that allow our customers to access all of their applications and data from any device, anywhere? This End User Computing team is focused on our next generation service offerings needed to realize our vision. Amazon is already revolutionizing the end user computing function of Enterprise IT by enabling customers to easily provision cloud-based desktops that allow end-users a cloud based WorkSpace where their documents, applications and resources they need using the endpoint device of their choice.
The End User Computing market is growing at an incredible pace with a rapid increase in adoption and growth. We are a fun loving group of creative engineers solving some of the most interesting problems associated with providing secure, reliable, fast and highly scalable solutions. In the process you will have the opportunity to work on a number of industry leading AWS services including EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis and SWF. You will also have the opportunity to own and shape the growth of multiple new components and features, thus providing you the opportunity to accelerate your learning in an environment that values work life balance.
This team is a good fit for you if:
• You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in having a firsthand impact on Amazon's global customer base
• You truly care about the business results of what you build, not just the elegance of the technology
• You like to solve interesting technology problems
• You enjoy collaborating in a diverse team environment
• You are a passionate learner and motivated to take on new challenges.
• You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also enjoy work life balance.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent years of experience
• 8+ years industry experience building large scale software applications
• In-depth understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in object oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and problem-solving
• Experience building VDI solutions
• Experience building fully managed, cloud native products
• Experience building client applications
• Experience with large scale web services
• Management of large scale enterprise applications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top