1. THE HOME INNOVATIONS TEAM
The Home Innovation Team (HIT) aims to materially improve pre-purchase shopping in home furnishings and pets by delivering
personalized and visual shopping experiences that maximize customer confidence. We are a global organization that scales new
experiences across regions and via partnerships with the Home Innovation Program (EU) and India Other Hardlines (IN OHL) teams.
Our home: https://w.amazon.com/bin/view/Home_Innovation_Team/
2. THE CHALLENGES WE WILL TACKLE
As with every project within Amazon, we work backwards from our customer's needs and the challenges they have. Our team will tackle some of the toughest problems in retail:
• Streamline the purchase experience for large items such as furniture and remove all stress in the process. It will be as easy as purchasing a book.
• Inspire our customers with beautiful experiences and relevant products using 3D model and scenes to create beautiful and personalized experience.
• Personalize customer experience using Machine Learning to help them find useful products that match their preferences and styles.
• Generate automated business metrics and deep analytic insights to help our business identify opportunities to solve customer problems.
• Create innovative solution that are unique in this space.
• Improve search query results based on understanding customer's intent and bring back more accurate and relevant products.
• Using 3D data and ML to improve the quality of our catalog data that is fundamental to building our customer's trust.
3. THE TECHNOLOGY
In order to achieve our vision, we think big and tackle technology problems that are cutting edge. Where technology does not exist, we will built it. Where it exists we will need to modify it to make it work at Amazon scale. As the problem is so wide and the team new, we need members who are passionate and willing to learn:
• 3D Image processing and augmented reality. Imagery and deep experiences are an important factor in our success. If you are passionate about this area, join us.
• Amazon scale systems. All our technology needs to work at Amazon scale, serving hundreds of millions of customers with millisecond level latencies.
• Big data & analytics. Amazon is data driven and a strong data backbone is necessary in our systems. We build upon core AWS services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, etc. If you are interested in learning or gaining expertise, join us.
• Personalization and machine learning. All technologies will be used in experiences adapted to what customer need, want or prefer. We will be working with advanced machine learning technologies to tackle these problems.
• User interface & web development. We will create beautiful and dynamic frontend experiences that requires deep knowledge of relevant technologies such as AngularJS, JQuery, Horizonte, AUI, etc.
4. OUR CULTURE AND YOU
We are a tightly net group that share our experiences and help each other succeed. We love hard problems and like to move fast in a growing and changing environment. We use data to guide our decisions and we always push the technology and process boundaries of what is feasible on behalf of our customers. The most successful members of our team are obsessed with helping our customers in creative ways, and bring clarity to ambiguity through data driven experimentation. If that sounds like an environment you like, join us.
As an organization, we are committed to help our team grow by working closely with you in your career development, so the project you work on is challenging and rewarding.
As a senior SDE, your role will include:
• Lead a team of engineers to tackle a tough problem space.
• Writing solid code, making smart design decisions and building scalable software services.
• Work across Amazon to creatively leverage existing services and APIs for our product.
• Work with category leaders and product managers to build features used by millions of people every day, and be proud of it.
• Solve complex problems that have a large and direct impact to customers and high visibility.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
A Bachelor's degree with a CS Major, or a technical major with a CS Minor.
• 5+ years professional experience in software development with Front-end development emphasis.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• 5+ years of industry experience.
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• Experience with AWS services such as EC2, EBS, RDS, SWF, etc.
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.