Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you someone who looks for patterns and invent newer and simpler ways of building solutions? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
FinTech is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer to lead multiple projects in Finance Automation including Financial Allocation and Reserve Automation. We will leverage state of the art technologies to perform related big data computation. We will also build complete traceability for our customers to drill down from the output produced by our system to the input to our system. Most importantly, our automation solution will involve identifying patterns to be able to reuse technical solution as well as provide self-service capabilities to our customers to avoid incremental effort for each automation efforts. Our customers include Amazon's internal and external financial community across the globe.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned engineer. In this position, you will play a leading role in the architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large-scale and complex financial applications. You will push your design and architecture limits by inventing and simplifying complex problems. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-motivated, and can deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. You will work with Amazon engineering and business teams across the globe in planning, designing, executing and implementing this new platform.
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of software development experience with Java, Python, Ruby, or C#/C++
- Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD)
- Be able to deal with ambiguity and drive, design, and implement large scale software solution
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Able to work in a diverse team
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Strong grasp of Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with large scale distributed systems
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience building complex, highly scalable software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with Agile software development in a UNIX/Linux environment
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.