Senior Software Development Engineer
- Novara, Italy
We're looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE) who is excited about the opportunity to be a technical leader for a team that is building new applications on AWS, for AWS.
We're an agile development team, based in Berlin, which owns the AWSOpsWorks Stacks product and is actively developing new products and services for AWS.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses across 190 countries!
The ideal candidate is passionate about software development and has a track record of leading design and implementation of new products and features. They should care about the user experience and be confident providing leadership on both back and front-end initiatives. The ability to mentor and lead a team to build well-architected software within a positive team environment are key to the role.
Come join a team of bright, passionate, and customer obsessed developers who are having fun and making history from within a start-up like environment. We'd love to talk to you!
• 8+ years of industry experience as a Senior Software Development Engineer
• 3+ years of experience serving as Technical Lead throughout the full software development lifecycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, such as Java, Kotlin, Go, or Python
• Expertise in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis and ability to create scalable solutions to difficult problems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience driving the technical design and implementation of large-scale, multi-tiered software applications using service oriented architectures
• English language fluency (written & verbal)
• Educational background (e.g. Masters, PHD) in Computer Science
• Experience communicating directly with users, software development teams, or management in order to share plans/vision or collect data (e.g. requirements) to drive product improvement
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties
• Track record of interviewing & hiring top tier engineering talent
• Experience and/or a strong interest in AWS and/or cloud computing in general
• Experience building software solutions that leverage AWS services (e.g. S3, DynamoDB, EC2)
Explore all AWS Germany Senior Software Engineering roles available, meet our team members and get prepared for your interviews via link: https://awsseniorsoftwaregermany.splashthat.com/
Back to top