Senior Software Development Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
Do you want to be a part of building the systems and software that power Earth's largest e-commerce catalog? How do you design and handle massive scale of data when you know that none of the "textbook solutions" will work? Our organization develops the algorithms, systems, and tools to ensure safety of the selection and maximize their impact on the Amazon top-line - all the while continuously growing the selection. The Selection & Curation Systems team is responsible for designing and developing the tools, systems, and services that help ensure that Amazon has a profitable and rapidly expanding assortment for our customers.
We're looking for software engineers who have strong technical design skills and are able to drive technical design of broad efforts that have high impact and visibility. This role has a number of opportunities for cross-boundary ownership and require cross-organizational technical leadership skills to create seamless technical designs and solutions that reliably work end-to-end. This role will serve as a great springboard for your career.
This is a dream opportunity for engineers who want to create reliable and scalable solutions that enable Amazon to create the largest and best possible selection for our customers. Come and help make history as we take e-Commerce to the 5 billion people on earth who do not have it today while having fun and learning a lot on the way!
• Strong computer science background. A Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or math is required.
• Solid design and coding skills in Java or C++ or any modern programming language
• Strong desire to build high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• Great communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Be highly innovative, flexible and self-directed.
• Code, design, and implementation sets a great example to others; high degree of ownership of outcomes.
• Actively helps others on team to improve, thinks beyond self and leads by example, mentors others.
• Demonstrated competency in component architecture and simplification
• Demonstrated competency in data structures
• Demonstrated competency in code refactoring
• Planning, estimation of development tasks
• Prior experience architecting, developing and operating large scale distributed systems is a plus.
• High-volume transaction processing
• Retail/e-commerce design experience in a global context
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top